World's largest Freelancing marketplace
We've just reached 7 million users at Freelancer.com - this is equivalent to 1 in every 1000 people worldwide!
Now, we need your help to reach the other 6.993 billion and bring them to the worlds largest freelancing marketplace. Which is why we are giving away $10,000 in cash prizes to anyone who spreads the word about Freelancer.com!
Here's how it works:
1: Hold an event or meetup that introduces people to Freelancer.com and encourages them to signup.
2: Make a 3 minute video of your event or meetup.
3: Enter the video in the contest below!
First prize will win $5,000 USD, second prize will win $3,000 USD, and third prize will win $2,000 USD! We'll also give the top 20 entries t-shirts and 3 months free premium membership. The contest ends at 12pm GMT March 31st 2013, and only events held between the start of the competition and the end date will be considered.
We'll be judging based on:
1: Number of attendees
2: Quality of event
3: Quality of video
4: Most imaginative and innovative event idea
So what are you waiting for? Get out there and tell all your friends about us!
Heres some examples of events you could run:
1. A "how to find work online" event, where you introduce 50 of your friends and family to freelancing as a way of improving their lives. Held in a park, community hall or internet cafe, you could do a live demonstration of finding work on Freelancer.com, and explain to your audience the many types of work available and how to make a good profile. Your video might show you exploring and explaining the site on a projector screen, occasionally panning out to show the audience. If the audio is quiet, or in a language other than English, you will need to add subtitles.
2. A "how to build your business cost-effectively online" event, where you visit your local chamber of commerce and introduce them to the flexibility and cost-effectiveness of hiring freelancers on Freelancer.com. You could focus on how you used Freelancer.com to help bootstrap your business to profitability, and what to look for when choosing a freelancer. Your video might show snapshots of you talking to the chamber, and interviews with members of the chamber.
3. Come up with some other amazing idea for an event which shows off your ingenuity, creativity and passion for the Freelancer experience.
1. Group entries are allowed and encouraged, however we will only consider 1 entry per person or group. If you run multiple events, include them all in your video.
2. If the event is held in a language other than english, subtitles in english must be provided.
3. All entries must depict Freelancer in a positive light, and not be discriminatory or offensive.
4. Judging is at our discretion, and final.
5. Prizes will be distributed in USD to the Freelancer.com account that posts the winning video. If the entry is a group entry, distribution of the prize from that account is the sole responsibility of the entrants.
6. We reserve the right to alter these rules at any time.
You'll need to provide your design in MPG and AVI formats.
Please select which reason:
Please select which reason:
You will then be taken to the Contest Handover process to transfer ownership and receive files.