Meehis Themeis a responsive WordPress / BuddyPress theme that comes with the highly appreciateddrag-and-drop interface, Visual Composer,and other features that can transform your community website into a fun place.
Well, Meehis Theme was developed by individuals who personally operated (and they still do) more sports related community websites. They (we) are old stagers and learnt a lot of on our own skins, like:"How to make a simple but attractive website?","How to make that visitors come back?","How to drive traffic?"and"How to make money from advertisments while you do not overload your members with pure ads?"During the years, we spent a lot of time trying to answer these questions, and we think that finallywe have the right answer(s): install our Meehis Theme to your BuddyPress driven community website.
Is this really enough?
We don't want to lie: NO, it's not, but we definitely think that it is a good way to start.
Then what else do I need?
You will need your own content. We recommend you to use original content. For example if you are interested in soccer, write your opinion on famous soccer players like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, then ask your friends to participate and send their opinions about that topic. Build a community with the same interests and constantly show the visitors topic related ads. This is where you will earn money!
Meehis Theme is designed with ADVERTISEMENTS in mind.
Our theme has several places where you can publish them:
- Sidebar- which can be on the left, right (default) or on both sides (2 sidebars at the same time)
- Header- it is one of the best ways to have a good return. Seehere.
- Member's page- Seehere.
- Group's page- you may place group specific ads. Seehere.
Please continue reading to learn the other features we offer.
First of all, you will need
- Compatible with BuddyPress 1.6+
- Theme options to change look of theme (colors, text, backgrounds)
- 5 predefined color schemes
- Visual Composer - drag and drop page builder
- Strategic advertisement places (widget areas)
- Custom Login Page,Contact Page
- Custom Post Types:Portfolio,Team Member
- Fully responsive (please resize your browser on our demo)
- Custom mobile and tablet displays
- 50+background images
- SEO friendly and works with major SEO plugins
- Supports single sidebar (left/right), 2 sidebars (3 columns) and it works without any sidebars (full width)
- Login Widget - lets you to place your login form everywhere
- WordPress 3.0+ drag and drop menus
- WordPress 3.0+ custom background manager
- Detailed documentation
- Compatible with all major browsers
- aWordPress 3.4+
- and aBuddyPress 1.6.1+plugin installation (only if you need social functions).
We recommend that you always use the latest versions. Installation 1. Upload via FTP
You need to use an FTP client such as FileZilla. To set up your FTP client to connect to your website see:http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_FileZilla
folder to your WordPress themes directory:`/wp-content/themes/` 2. Upload via WordPress
- From your WordPress dashboard go toAppearance -> Themes.
- On the Themes page click theInstall Themestab.
- Click theUploadlink directly below the two tabs which takes you to a page to upload the theme.
- Click theBrowse(or Choose File) button and locate`meehis.zip`(it is inside the main ZIP file). After selecting the file, click theInstall Nowbutton.
If uploading the theme via FTP go toAppearance -> Themes
and click theActivate
link below the Meehis Theme.
When uploading the theme via WordPress you should be prompted to activate the theme. Theme Styling Options Options Page
It is located inAppearance -> Meehis Theme Options
Our theme comes with a 5 predefined color schemes (blue, green, grey, orange and purple) and 10 Google fonts that are used in the header.
You may change the background and text colors of the content, determine where to display the sidebar (this can be changed per pages as well) and you can change the content of the footer. Background
Go toAppearance -> Background
toupload your own background image or to add your own background color. Header and Logo
Go toAppearance -> Header
toupload your logo and to change the colors of the header. Theme Settings Navigation
Widgets and Sidebars
- Go toAppearance -> Menusto set up your primary navigation menu.
- Click theplus (+)button and create a menu.
- On the left-hand side from theTheme Locationspanel select your menu from thePrimary Navigationdrop down menu.
Our theme has a few prefedined sidebars / widget areas, these are:
- Sidebar- this is the main sidebar that is displayed on the right side of the content by default, but you may change that position. SeeMeehis Theme Options.
- First, Second, Third, Fourth Footer Widget Area- I think their names talk to themself
- 2 Widget Areas on the homepage- with the Visual Composer you may place them anywhere
- Member's Header Widget Area- displayed only on a BuddyPress member page. Seehere.
- Group's Header Widget Area- displayed only on a BuddyPress group page. Seehere.
- Header Widget Area- displayed in the right side of the header on very page. Seehere.
- Second Sidebar- displayed on the left side of the content when 2 sidebars are activated. Seehere.
Go toAppearance -> Widgets
and drag and drop widgets from theAvailable Widgets
panel over to your sidebar widget panels on the right. You may add any shortcodes with the theme within aText
Meehis Theme comes with a few shortcodes that can be inserted directly into your posts, pages and widgets.
Login Page (same applies to the Contact Page)
- Click theVisualtab in post / page editor.
- Click the[S]button and from the drop down menu select a shortcode. It will appear a window with some options specific to the shortcode that you clicked on, in which you may add a few details, after clicking theInsertbutton the shortcode will automatically be inserted into the text box.
- You can view all the shortcodes on the followingpage.
Meehis Login Widget
- Go toPages -> Add Newto create a new page.
- On the right-hand side in thePage Attributespanel select theLogin Pagetemplate from theTemplatedrop down menu.
- Please use the text editor, if you want to display some content (picture, text) in the right side of the login form.
Your sidebar's login form is not fixed (hardcoded) anymore. With the help of this widget you may place the login form everywhere in the widget areas (left/right sidebars, header / footer widget areas). Visual Composer
Meehis Theme comes with an integrateddrag and drop page builder, calledVisualComposer
With the help of Visual Composeryou will be able to create any layouts you can image.
This tool has a drag and drop interface that can save you valuable time while you are arranging the elements on your page. FAQ How can I add advertisements?
You can use a variety of advertisement plugins to insert ads within your widget areas and/or posts/pages. The pluginSimple Ads Manager
has been tested with our theme.
To insert ads in the widget areas go toAppearance -> Widgets
, if you want to insert advertisements in the footer go toAppearance -> Meehis Theme Options
and add your content in theFooter Text
boxes. Does your theme works with SEO plugins?
Yes, it may work with any of them, but we recommendWordPress SEO by Yoast
plugin. How can I display different widgets on different pages or categories?
You can do this with theDynamic Widgets
plugin, which allows you to specify which posts, pages and/or categories individual widgets are displayed on. Registration is not active. Where can I activate that?
This is a general WordPress option that can be found underSettings -> General -> Anyone can register
. Changelog 1.0