You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
this application will be used to provide two way communication
between two Persons. The communication will be based on database
Notifications table. (this is not instant messaging ). The widget design is provided
in sample project (see attachment)
SQL Server 2008 R2
Please use fancybox provided in sample project, i modified source code to make
it work with asp.net forms. The above link is only for API docs. Please note that all needed
sources files, fancybox init and css are loaded from master page.
1) display last unread notification
2) reply to notification from widget
3) send new notification from widget
4) list all notification in a separate page using GridView (assume page name is "ShowAllNotification.aspx" for reference)
5) reply/send/read notification from list of notification by selecting any notification from ShowAllNotification.aspx
(notification text can loaded into the same fancybox used to send/reply)
6) application will consist of two separte functional pages, page with Widget (currently Default.aspx) and ShowAllNotification.aspx
with list of all messages in a Grid.
7) Mark notification as Deleted from ShowAllNotification.aspx (you can do postback for this, ajax not needed ) and from Widget (ajax only)
1) last unread notification should be refreshed every 5 seconds using ajax. (no postbacks)
2) send/reply functions should be performed without postback, using ajax only. Failure of send/reply should be
and fancybox should stay open.
3) Next/Previous arrows should provide paging to next/previous notification without postback (ajax)
4) Read Later button should mark notification as such and not show it in widget without postback (ajax)
5) Mail (Envelope) button (top right corner) should toggle notification as read/unread without postback (ajax)
6) when replying then To field can be label (no need from dropdown there)
7) when sending new notification then To field should be dropdown to select a name of Person to send notification to.
(in the sample app I only used dropdown fro both)
Please use two tables to store data: Persons, Notifications
and one lookup table "NotificationStatuses". Please use PersonID to link Persons and Notifications tables and
also use PersonID in your code to implement all functionality.
In addition to all common fields Notification will have Status field. It could have at least one of statustes
3) Read Later
Well, Persons table should have First, Last name fields and Notifications table should have "SenderPersonId", "RecieverPersonId",
MessageText, DateRecieved etc (use common sense and add all fields you think are needed.)
If you are capable of implementing fishhook or other means of tracing and displaying history
of selected conversation from start to last reply on a separate page please let me know,
I will take it into account this when considering your bid. This is not required though.