I do IT work for a staffing company with an existing website located at www.distinctivestaffing.com
It is an HTML/ASP-based website originally designed in FrontPage, with a Microsoft Access database.
Their site has interactive forms that both employer and employee clients can submit information to be reviewed by their firm, but several of those application components are not working properly, and they have asked us to project manage getting them fixed.
These are the tasks to be performed:
1. Email Applications: Currently when an Employer or an Applicant submits their application, there is no email notification – it just generates an ID and the resulting application can be found by searching the submission date at www.distinctivestaffing.com/joborders.asp or through www.distinctivestaffing.com/applicant_information.asp (see ID and date in upper right).
We would like both employer and employee applications to also email those same results to a particular email address.
2. Combine Candidate Application Parts 1 & 2 into one long Application: When an employee applicant goes to complete their application at www.distinctivestaffing.com/Applicant.asp, there is a button titled “Continue Online Application” that causes part 2 of the Application to appear. About ½ of the applicants report not seeing the 2nd half of the Application after pressing that button. We would like the 2nd half of the Application to just appear under the words (notice change of text at end of quote): “PLEASE READ: If you have a resume and 3 letters of reference, you have answered the above questions, and you feel that you would be a good candidate for employment through Distinctive Staffing Home Services, please continue your online application below.” i.e. the Applicant shouldn’t have to click the button for the 2nd half to appear – it should just be there.
Also remove text “(Applicant Form 1 of 2)” from the top and “(Applicant Form 2 of 2)” from the bottom.
3. Add Date Range Search: Currently the staffing company has to go to www.distinctivestaffing.com/joborders.asp and enter a specific date to see if any applications were submitted through the site (because they don’t get email notifications). They would like to change this page to allow the selection of a date range to see all applications between the selected dates.
4. Make Applicant Information Chronological: The staffing company goes to http://www.distinctivestaffing.com/applicant_information.asp to look at applications that came in, but currently the applications (which have ID numbers assigned) are completely out of order. The staffing company says there are more like 1,200 applications, including various applications submitted in 2013.
Right now it starts at ID: 913 submitted on 06/12/2012. We would like it to start at the newest application, and clicking the > button would go to the next oldest, pressing the >| button would go to the absolute oldest, pressing the < button would go to the next newest, and pressing the |< button would go to the absolute newest (see buttons at bottom of application).
They would also like to add a field to search for a particular ID number.
Buttons should also be moved to the top of the page, above the application, for easier clicking.
5. Add CAPCHA to Applications: Both Employer Application located here www.distinctivestaffing.com/Employers.asp and the Candidate Application located here www.distinctivestaffing.com/Applicant.asp should have CAPCHA fields at the end to discourage spam submissions. A CAPCHA failure, however, should not result in the whole Application getting cleared.
We would like to get a flat price to complete all of these items.
May the best coder win!