You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Critical Reading & Writing – Analysis Essay Assignment
To wrap up the Analysis Unit, you will be writing a 3-4 pg paper in which you analyze a commercial or print advertisement. In this analysis you will need to describe the text you choose, explain the rhetorical context of the text, and analyze how the text is working, what types of appeals it relies on, what types of language it uses, how it establishes logos, ethos, and pathos, and the ways it engages with the issue at hand. In the end, you will use all of these elements to develop an analytical claim that discusses what this ad reveals about society.
As you work to better understand your image and begin to compose, you’ll also want to consider the following questions:
o What is the text saying about society? About gender? Race? Class? The American Dream? etc.
o What elements/information/details are emphasized or included in the image? What is the significance of the selection of elements/information/detail?
o What is omitted or concealed? How might the omission of information/detail simplify the subject of the image?
o What classical appeals (ethos, logos, pathos) is the designer employing?
o What beliefs, values, and ideologies are challenged or perpetuated in this image? How do these beliefs, values, and/or ideologies challenge or support unequal power dynamics at work in the culture in which the image was produced?
o What political, social, and cultural consequences result from the production and consumption of this image? Who benefits from the production and consumption of this image and how do they profit? Who does not benefit and what are the costs to this population?
Your essay should include:
• a rich description of the image/commercial.
• analytical claims specific to the details and features of the image.
• a careful examination of the rhetorical situation and the rhetorical strategies employed in the image/commercial.
• a thesis that offers an interpretive perspective on what the image/commercial suggests about society and the image’s intended and unintended social, cultural or political implications .
• a conclusion that does more than simply repeat the ideas of the essay—that instead opens up avenues for readers’ further thinking
This is my commercial link.
* High school level of writing. Not so simple. Not so advanced. Clear ideas and great work needed. Don't ask to hire unless you are able to do excellent work.
* Wanted to be done in maximum 2 days. Less than $35.
I attached documents that help you to understand the assignment.
*note: the Analysis+Essay+Example is not perfect.