1. To provide practical experience of working with solicitors or legal advice agencies or other agencies which deal with the Law in some way.
2. To foster an awareness of how legal principles operate in practice.
3. To develop personal transferable skills (organisational, time management, verbal and written communication and teamwork).
4. To enable students to undertake an original piece of research focusing on a legal issue relevant to their work experience and to the more theoretical aspects of their Law degree.
On the successful completion of the module, you should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an ability to work in collaboration with an external agency and comply with a formal tripartite learning agreement.
2. Relate legal principles and theory to practice within a specific workplace situation.
3. Apply appropriate legal knowledge, analysis and presentation skills to their chosen research topic
4. Undertake effective time management and produce a work experience diary.
5. Produce a formal word processed report which sets out their work experience research topic within a wider conceptual framework of legal issues.