Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We have a course on dyslexia that has been designed specifically to be viewed on an Android tablet.
The course materials are presented in a set of nine PowerPoint slideshows (containing approx. 12 slides each).
Students that enrol on the course will be sent a pre-loaded tablet.
We need someone to help us so that we can:
1. Place the nine slideshows into a specific directory in the Android file manager.
2. Have an offline HTML-style menu page that contains links to the individual, locally stored files that have been saved in the file manager (see point 1). See the attached file called ‘menu-page.jpg’ for an idea of how this page might look.
3. Put an icon on the Android homepage that links to the HTML-style menu page described in Point 2.
Accessing the course
There will be no need for an internet connection to access the icon or the HTML style page. They must be stored locally on the tablet (pre-loaded by us).
The slideshows will also be viewable without an internet connection. However, some of the slides will contain clickable links to YouTube videos (see attached file called ‘slide.ppt’ for an example).
The PowerPoint slideshows will need to be set up to function properly on the tablet and links within them must be clickable.
If we award you this job, we’ll need you to complete the task in this order:
1. Create the HTML-style page and icon. You should link to some demo slideshows to demonstrate that the icon and menu work.
2. Next, we’ll send you the slideshows (which we are currently putting together). You’ll need to determine how these will be stored in the Android file manager.
3. Set up the links on the menu to the final PowerPoint slides.
4. Provide instructions for how to install the icon, menu and files on to a tablet.
This is not an app. It will not need to be added to the Google Play store. It is a simple page with links to local PowerPoint files.