You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I would like to commission a small custom audio note-taking Android application for use on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
The intended application workflow is as follows:
With the screen off, user presses some combination of external buttons (probably something like Volume Up + Power, but could be anything) that activates the application. This would be indicated by a small vibration and/or beep, along with turning on the red notification LED (though the screen would stay off). While the application is active, audio would be recorded through the mic input. To stop recording, the user would press the same combination of keys that activated the application, and would again be indicated by a small vibration and/or beep as well as turning off the notification LED. The audio file would be saved to the SD card with a filename indicating the date, time, and duration of the recording (something like 2012-12-15_2-33pm_13s.mp3). The audio file would also be parsed by a text-to-speech engine, and the resulting text output would be saved to the SD card as well (appending everything to one file is OK). The automatic text transcription is the most important part of this application.
Some miscellaneous notes:
* The audio file recording format is not especially important. This will mostly be used for quite notes throughout the day (i.e. "remember to buy batteries for my flashlight").
* The external button combinations to activate the application is also not rigidly defined. The point is to be able to quickly take my phone out of my pocket, click/hold a button or two, record a note, and then put it away.
* Speed of application startup is a very high priority. If it takes longer than a few seconds to activate the application, it's going to be very frustrating to use.
* There doesn't need to be much of anything in the way of graphical assets, pretty icons, etc.
* After work has been completed, I will be provided a copy of all relevant source code, as well as the rights to the application.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thanks!