We have Audio/Video player CherryPlayer. Please download it from www.cherryplayer.com.
For Music/Video decoding we use FFmpeg 0.10 and DirectShow for playback.
We have "User report system" to get bugs reported by users and we all time get complaints about playback issues.
So we need experienced coder very familar with FFmpeg and DirectShow that will focus very closely on this Audio/Video engine and will make fixes to playback every week. We will offer you in the same time:
- access to current audio/video engine sources
- 3 testers to check fixes
- improved report system to get more details from users about issues
We understand that it is not possible to fix all users complaints in a moment and some errors can happened in FFmpeg but we are sure some things can be fixed and improved even now and we have a few bugs that are reproduced even now for us constantly.
For now we consider next fixes and improvements:
1. Test and improve playback of mp3 music by http that is important to test on slow connections with changed transfer rate. We can see issues with http mp3 playback but they happened very rare and unexpectedly when you don't test player but only use it. So we need to test very very carefully all http mp3 playback logic with changed transfer rate during playback etc.
3. Fix crash if no HTTP connection available - is reproduced very easy if try to play some "http://bla-bla-bla.mp3".
4. Improve seeking of MKV files to get it like in Media Player Classic. We have MKV file where during seeking CPU 100% and player freezes.
5. Fix stripes on the video that is reproduced at Win7 Nvidia video cards and is reproduced at 2 our test PCs. It should work well too if system has not installed native video card drivers but installed video card drivers by OS as it works good in this case with other players like Media Player Classic, VLC and Windows Media Player.
6. Fix issue with MP4 1080 video from YouTube that has audio and has not video during playback - we can reproduce this bug.
7. Fix other issues reproduced on your music/video files during testing.
We are looking for long term cooperation and after improving audio/video engine we will need Audio/Video engine for MAC and DVD feature support.
Please contact us only experienced Audio/Video coders.