We are looking for assistance with a project that will involve developing and deploying firmware for routers. The application will be for home use.
We are looking for an individual or company who can advise on design and develop the mods to the firmware, probably based on one of the available open source projects such as DD-WRT.
We need someone or a team of people who:
- Has a deep and proven understanding of networking and router design
- Has developed router software
- Has worked with the open source router software and made mods
- Has excellent english communication skills
- Ideally also has developed websites and worked extensively with PHP, MySQL and other
The engagement will be multi-phase, starting with analysis of design options and approaches and then progressing to detailed design, build and implementation.
The initial piece of work will be to review our requirements, define possible options for implementing and developing a high level technical design. The changes will likely involve a new user interface for the firmware and implementation of an API to allow control and integration of key functions of the router with a web deployed host.
Please provide an estimate of the cost for this first piece of work and ongoing cost per hour.