Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
C++ Music Notation Application For Windows
I need a developer for a Visual C++ simplified music score (engraving) application.
The intention is to integrate the application into a pre-existing Visual Studio C++ application.
Experience with sheet music, MIDI and music fonts is preferred, though not essential.
Below are some links that should be helpful:
I suggest you get them, read and test, and download MuseScore 1.2 if don't have any music
notation software - it's free!
There are already many open source applications.
As such, all the code is probably already available in one form or another. But since this is such a simple
application it's probably easiest to start from scratch! Most important is that if you do find and use an application
intended for a symphony orchestra then you have to strip away all unnecessary detail and complexity from the
The Key features:
* The application should be able to read in a midifile containing a short melody (max 8 bars and max 64 notes)
and display a music score.
* One stave, and one voice (i.e. lead sheat style)
* Pitches: g3 to E6 (i.e. two ledgers below lowest stave line in the staff and three ledgers over higest stave line)
* Note Values: whole notes, quarter notes, half notes, eights, dotted quarter, dotted half, dotted eights, triplets, duplets,
and all tied combinations of the those values.
* Clefs: G
* Key signatures: C major and C minor
* Time signatures: 4/4, 3/4
* Accidentals: flats, sharps.
This is a simplified music score application, so the following is not needed e.g. :
* octave signs
* repeat signs
Final product should be:
* NOT be "held for ransom" for unreasonable payments for minor tweaks or additions
* Bug free or basic warranty offered
* End-user ready.
**REGULAR updates, milestones compliance and deadline maintenance are a MUST
* Decision on which music font to use with rationale.
* Visual C++ classes that can draw an empty, scalable stave in the bottom of an empty SDI application that I provide.
* In addition to above render a G-clef, key signatures and time signures according to key features above.
* In addition to above render a simple eight bar melody in hole notes without ledgers.
* In addition to above render a simple eight bar melody in quarter notes without ledgers.
* In addition to above render a simple eight bar melody in quarter notes WITH ledgers.
* In addition to above render a simple eight bar melody in mixed: hole notes, quarter notes, eight notes, and dotted quarters,
half notes, eights.
* In addition to above render all kind of duplets and triplets, even in mixed note values (e.g. a triplet consisting of two
quarters and two eights).
* In addition to above render all combinations of tied note values of the above values.
* In addition to above handle a MIDI file input and render the music score encoded by it.
*** OBS! The application output must comply to all standards for sheet music, so the application will be tested at each
milestone (except the first) with a random input melody, which also is fed into a professional softare like Sibelius, and
then comparing the results!
Skills required: C Programming, Visual C++ Programming, MFC.
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)