You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Note: Only local candicates will be considered. Must live & work in the Greater Toronto Area and be able to come to the office at least once a week.
The successful candidate will join our Transportation Optimizer product team specializing in routing and cost optimization. Our application team is an entrepreneurial unit handling the complete development life-cycle of this product. Team members work every phase of development from requirements and design to production roll-out and test, as well as support.
This is an opportunity to join a diverse, industry-knowledgeable, technically skilled group.
Knowledge of transportation management systems or applications is a definite plus but not a requirement.
Superb application development skills, a strong user-orientation, and creativity are requirements.
Strategy & Planning
• Liaise with customers and end users to identify and define requirements for enhancements to software.
• Analyze IT project requirements to determine scope, effort and complexity.
• Collaborate with systems and development staff to collect and interpret requirements.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new development tools and methods in support of product requirements.
• Develop task level project plans and timelines.
• Plan, design, research, write, and edit a range of documents, including user guides and manuals, technical specifications, training materials, and proposals.
• Edit technical documentation of development staff to create unified and consistent support documents.
• Provide training where required
Formal Education & Certification
• Degree/Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering or Related Field (or equivalent expertise)
• Minimum of 3-5+ years hands-on C/C++ Development Experience
• Solid Understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms, and Object-Oriented design
• Practical Experience with Unit/Regression/Scenario Testing
• Practical experience with Version Control Systems
• Solid verbal and written Communication skills
• Ability to Coach and eventually Mentor team members