Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
London Bus App for BlackBerry 10 devices
I would like you to develop a simple London Bus App for BlackBerry 10 devices which gets real time data from TFL website using XML, data is available at: http://www.tfl.gov.uk/businessandpartners/syndication/default.aspx
It must be a native App for BlackBerry OS and compatible with both the full touch screen devices (1280x768) as well as the QWERTY devices (720x720).
For programming you can use Native C and Cascades or HTML5 which is preferred as it will be lightweight.
The App must have the following Features:
• Live countdown: users must be able to view live information on when the next bus is due at stops across London.
• Favourites: must be able to add a bus stop to your favourites list for easy access on later use.
• Nearby Stops: using the GPS and/or Internet Location of the phone to see on a map where the nearest stops are and instantly see its arrival data.
• Manual or Auto refresh: The app must automatically refresh the data every 30 seconds and also provide a refresh button to manually refresh the data.
• Filters: Filter bus stop arrivals by multiple bus routes.
• Save Filters: save the filters you use at any bus stop
• Comprehensive search: find any stop or bus route within seconds. Search by post code, bus stop number, bus route number, road name, area name
• Bus routes: view the route of a bus on the map
• Area View: view all the bus stops of an area or post code on a map
• Full route maps for all London Bus Routes - see exactly where your bus goes.
• Service information - diversions/closures/cancellations.
• Details bus stop information - routes/map location/direction.
• Alarm when the bus is near the stop.
• Data must be cached on the phone in case users’ internet connection goes down.
• Show error when no internet connection or data is available from TFL.
User Interface must be simple and attractive using BB10 capabilities.
For a simple example APP please check the following link:
You must have a BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha (A or B) in order to check the App because Simulators are not reliable. For any questions please contact me.
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)