The purpose of this program is to extract metadata from a Windows file system. The program should:
* Scan all the files in a folder structure
* Extract picture data from graphic file formats including: Date and time of Photo, camera settings, description etc.
* Extract data from MS Word files including title, author, comments, subject, company, manager etc.
* Extract data from PDF
* Extract general file information for all file types including name, size, creation & modification dates, attributes etc.
* Basic folder information must be produced
* The file list must be produced as a List with each file & folder as a separate object.
* A progress bar should be displayed while scanning the file system.
* The program will be WinForm application in .Net 3.5.
* The program will produce a log of the files scanned. The log needs only show minimal information e.g. file path, name and size.
* All code must be provided.
* Free libraries should be used where possible.
In your submission please specify which file formats you will be able to extract information from and what data may be extracted. Please specify if you wish to use a commercial library any why that is the best option.
Thank you for considering this project