Writing Style Editor Position Open For Online Store
We are launching an online store that features "cool" and "unique" products for sale. We are looking to appeal to a female audience in the 24 - 38 year age group. We are looking for editorial staff to help ensure we have product descriptions and product summaries that are written in a "fun", "interesting" and "quirky" writing style that also appeals to our target audience.
notes regarding descriptions:
- we are looking for a "fun" and "quirky" writing style not a boring manual or textbook writing style
- you must read the entire description and edit it to adhere to our mandate of a "fun" and "quirky" writing style. It is your job to make decisions where the description writer has failed in this regard and fix them.
- descriptions must be at least 100 words but generally should be 350 - 400 words. There is no upper limit to the length of the description that can be added so some could be substantially longer. This is ok.
- correct any offensive or inappropriately written descriptions. In some cases the writer will have tried to be "funny" but the joke may be offensive. It is your job to make sure these are converted to family friendly text.
notes regarding summaries:
- again, we are looking for a "fun" and "quirky" writing style not a boring manual or textbook writing style
- product summaries are supposed to be 1 - 2 sentences in length
- product summary should contain the product name in the summary
- summaries should be attention grabbing and catchy like a news article headline
- summaries will appear at the top of the product page next to the main photo and below the product title. It will be the first text (and in many cases the only text) the user will read about the product. It is essential that in addition to being fun that the most important information about the product is in the summary.
- correct offensive or inappropriately written product summaries. We are a family friendly site.
If you are interested in joining a start up company and getting your foot in the door at the ground level this may be the opportunity you have been waiting for. This can be a full or part time position depending on your availability.