This is a writing project that involves writing a short book. The main body of the book is made up of case studies of 7 personal stories from people who have food allergies and are successfully coping and living with the physiological responses associated with their particular intolerance.
There will also be an introductory chapter. I will give you an outline of the information I want in the introduction. This will be based on factual information and commonly asked questions about the most common food allergies and sensitivities. Careful distinction should be explained to differentiate between food allergies from other adverse responses to food, such as food intolerances or non-allergic food hypersensitivity and will be about 3,000- 5,000 words.
You will need to find and interview subjects who have dealt with and have conquered the challenges of the day to day living with their particular food allergy and ask them the specific questions- a list of questions will be provided for each case study. There will be 7 case studies, each dealing with a separate food allergy from the 7 most common allergies I have identified, these being: peanut, milk, eggs, tree nuts, shellfish, soy and wheat, (7 in total) and the varied methods used to diagnose, treat and prevent as well as manage cross-contamination in the home.
Information is available on medical web-sites and you'll also find contact details for people who have dealt with or are dealing with 7 food allergies on forums etc. Please ensure that in using content from other websites that you are not simply copying and pasting. Please do not infringe copyright.
The writing style should be conversational and engaging. Although the book needs to explain the science behind the term food allergy, I don't want the book full of medical jargon. It needs to be easy to read and inspirational, as it will be used by people who are researching their particular food allergy, intolerance or non-allergic food hypersensitivity to determine their symptoms and seek solutions.
I would like the book written in MS Word using Arial 12 point.
I'll take care of edits and proof reading.
There are many more of these types of projects on the horizon.
Platform: Microsoft Word is preferred.
Deliverables: All deliverables must be uploaded to Freelancer before the deadline(s) for this project...with no exceptions. If this contract makes it impossible for a competent person to do this, then do not start this project but instead alert Freelancer.
1) The book is to be about 20,000 words and delivered as an MS Word file.
2) The first 3,000 – 5,000 words are the introduction, and will be based on factual information and commonly asked questions - which I will provide.
3) There will then be 7 chapters of about 2,000 - 2,500 words, each addressing one of the 7 previously identified allergies. Each chapter will be a case study of a person who has dealt with a food allergy (one of the 7) and ask them the specific questions - a list of questions will be provided. The case studies should detail different food intolerances to the most common food allergies – peanut, milk, eggs, tree nuts, shellfish, soy and wheat, and the varied methods used to diagnose, treat and prevent as well as manage cross-contamination in the home.
4) Provide a conclusion to summarise at the end of the 7 chapters to tie-in any commonalities found.
5) I'll review and approve the book to make sure it's within specification.
6) I'll retain complete ownership and copyright and have exclusive right to use all work on my website and for direct mail.
7) You may use content from other websites to give you ideas for writing, just don't copy the content and infringe on a copyright. All work must MUST BE ORIGINAL.