You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I need to create a user documentation for my assignment. The requirement is to download a free demo version of TrackIt (help desk software).
The assessment is based on the following scenario.
You are a Senior Client Support Officer for the IT department in a small suburban hospital. The services provided by the IT department have expanded. Many of the clinical and administrative departments within the hospital are now becoming computerised. As a result, there are many calls to the IT department for support and training. The Director of the IT department has decided to set up a Help Desk section, as a means of effectively handling clients' requests for support. They have just installed a new Help Desk software package. The Director has asked you to become familiar with this product and be responsible for training other Support and Help Desk staff. Your first job is to write a User Manual for this Helpdesk software that will be used by the others in the department for reference and training.
Your task is to create a User Manual for the Helpdesk software that you downloaded. Your User Manual can be produced either as a paper-based Word document or as a computer-based presentation, or a combination of these two methods.
In designing and producing the User Manual, you are to include the following:
• Create a table of contents for all the relevant parts of the manual.
• You must include the name of the software and the web address where you downloaded the software.
• A fully developed Introduction section, including the purpose of the documentation, scope, intended audience and ways to use it.
• Include an overview that describes the structure and components (i.e.: the functionality) of the system. Include screen dumps of report layouts, and input/output screens where necessary.
• Include technical information regarding the minimum software and hardware requirements for the software to run effectively.
• Fully develop one section of the manual, which covers one of the main features of the Helpdesk software (eg Help Desk, Inventory, Reporting,etc). Include diagrams, report layouts and screen dumps of input and output screens, where necessary.
• Include step-by-step instructions in your manual for training purposes of the main feature of the Helpdesk software, which you have selected to describe.
• Include a section, which lists ten commonly asked questions and their answers.
• Include a section for support, contacts and other related resources.
• Include a glossary.
• Include an index for your manual.
• Include a section that enables the user to provide feedback regarding the effectiveness of the manual you have created.
Once you have completed your tasks above, you need to submit to your assessor a User Manual, which includes all of the components described in the Task list. Your User Manual can be produced either as a paper-based Word document or as a computer-based presentation, or a combination of these two methods.
For example, you can provide the training instructions for the users, using a Powerpoint demonstration, and the rest of the manual can be produced in Word, as a paper-based document.
For more information on documentation tools, click on the link below.
(Please Note: Be aware that the User manual that we are asking you to produce is a much, condensed version of one that you would be asked to produce in industry. Refer to the section on Templates to get an idea of industry requirements.)