You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Looking for a Accounting student/master to work on a Accounting Financial Analysis Report. In addition to details are given below, the employee HAS TO CREATE A POWERPOINT SLIDES IN 36 HOURS, and the REPORT IS DUE IN 4 DAYS. So, FAST AND SOPHISTICATED BIDDERS ARE WELCOMED.
Choose 2 companies in the same industry (One foreign and 1 Turkish company) and analyze their annual reports and financial statements and compute their financial ratios across 3 years.
Choose firms and industries you are interested in. Looking at their financial statements, F/S footnotes and the rest of the information found in the company annual reports.Identify the environment they face, accounting methods or managerial strategies etc. You can use different databases for this project. Some suggested ones to get to financial statement numbers are the WRDS interface for Compustat data and http://www.sec.gov/edgar on US companies; Datastream found in the library for European companies; Stockground or Matrix at the Café and IMKB or KAP websites for Turkish companies. Your main source of information will be the annual reports you can find in company websites. You will get extra points for using these databases: Datastream, Compustat through WRDS database, SEC’s Edgar database, Stockground or FTS financial statement analysis databases at the CAFÉ in YBF.
General outline of each part is the following:
1. Shortly describe your companies and the related industry. Also start reading about your company and industry from other financial media and obtain a general idea about the general economic conditions facing the firm and interesting current financial news about your firm as it relates to your topic.
2. Calculate and compare all the ratios relevant for your companies. The list of ratios are attached, includingthe 2 CF statement ratios. Calculate all the ratios separately in each of the ratio groups but consider them together as a group (liquidity and long-term debt paying ability, profitability, turnover (activity) ratios, market based ratios) while evaluating the ratios for decision making. Prepare a comparative table of all ratios in groups.
3. Also carry out horizontal (trend) analysis and vertical (common-size) analysis to aid across company and across year comparisons.
4. Based on the above analysis, write a paragraph each about your assessment of the 1.profitability, 2.liquidity, capital structure and long-term debt paying ability of the firm and also evaluate its 3. cash flows and reasonableness of its share price (market based ratios). Finally conclude which of these firms you would invest in/give credit to based on your evaluation. Don't forget to include what you have learned from common size and trend analysis and the DuPondt analysis in your assessment and evaluation.
5. In your analysis, try to identify and report any differences or changes in the ratios related to (extra credit):
a) Economic conditions faced during the years analyzed,
b) The specific industry you chose,
c) different managerial strategies used by the firms
d) different accounting methods or alternatives used
6. Summarize the social responsibility and environmental protection and carbon disclosure projects of your companies and conclude which one is a more socially responsible firm. How do you think this will affect the ratios in the short term and long-term.