This is an online data retrieval task:
1) Go to www.drugbank.ca and search for the chemical name from the excel sheet.
2) Look up the drug categories of these drugs (identification => categories)
3) copy the categories all to the excel sheet (first category into first column, second category into second column, ...)
4) Look up the drug classes of these drugs (scroll down to taxonomy => classes)
5) copy the classes all to the excel sheet (first class into first column, second class into second column, ...)
- if you do not find the drug (not all are listed), then indicate this with NA (if no category, then NA in the first category cell; if no class, then NA in first class cell)
- if you encounter any difficulties, please leave a comment (and mark the cell with a separate color) instead!
- with respect to drug names, the first name is more important than the second. The second can be hydrochloride, sodium, etc., and these words indicate that these are salts or acids (and many drugs are salts or acids).
- some drug sfrom the excel list are combination drugs, i.e. drugs containing more than one chemical substance, with substances separated by a semicolon). In this case, search the classes/categories for all of them and list them in the excel sheet, please. List each class/category only once, but highlight it if it appears twice by using bold letters)
- if there should be more categories or classes per drug than pre-defined in the excel sheet, please add more columns in excel
- in case of any questions, please send me a message!
Before starting the work, I recommend replicating the first ten drugs which I already completed in the table!
There are about 900 lines to complete. I expect 12-14 hours for this project, implying that the hourly wage is 2.10 - 2.50 USD
This is no urgent task, it can be completed within a week or so.
I expect an invoice at the end of the project.