Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We - the binary family - are an independent iOS app developer specializing in intelligent entertainment. Our goal is to reinvent classic smart games in the highest quality possible. We believe in excellent design and outstanding content – and in continually improving our apps in response to our customers’ feedback and needs.
We are looking for a Data Analyst who would love to dig deeper into the datasets we collect using the tools Flurry Analytics, App Figures, and Trade Doubler. Your will analyse the data to understand the customers’ needs and behaviour, to identify the newest trends and developments and to make decisions on how to improve our products.
Your main responsibilities:
- Analyse all data collected through Flurry Analytics, App Figures, Trade Doubler and the App Store;
- Use data to track performance, to better understand and evaluate users’ behaviour and needs, and to figure out the “story” the data is telling us;
- Spot trends in the data and look for new market insights;
- Optimize our data collecting by researching data analysis tools, our competitors and new developments on the market;
- Develop strategies to improve our products;
- Work with our product managers, developers and marketing division to quickly find solutions for meeting our users’ needs;
- Degree in a quantitative field such as math, economics, computer science, physics;
- Ideally, working experience as a Data Analyst for mobile apps;
- Excellent data mining and analysis skills and, ideally, experience with the tools Flurry Analytics, App Figures, and Trade Doubler;
- A “hands-on” approach, a deep understanding on how to make an app successful, strong communication skills and a fast, solution-oriented approach to decision-making;
- Strong interest in mobile apps, iOS and the App Store;
First small test-project:
This is a small first task to give you insight in our tools and our company as well as to test your abilities. We will pay you a lump sum of USD 30,00.
Links you will need:
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErBrINLvkw
- iPhone Version: http://itunes.apple.com/app/solitaire/id373558219?ls=1&mt=8
- iPad Version: http://itunes.apple.com/app/solitaire/id373558794?ls=1&mt=8
- Free Version: http://itunes.apple.com/app/solitaire/id440493183?mt=8
This game, originally called "Summer Solitaire" for iPhone and iPad is very addictive and users love it. Launched in 2010, the game however only sold a few units a day. The sales got a lot better after it has been re-named to „Solitaire“ in summer 2011, to ensure it will be more easily found in the App Store. We also created a free-version with in-App Purchases and made the free version „universal“ (as this got an even higher search ranking for the term "Solitaire").
If you check the Appfigures data, you will see how this game performed in the past and that we published different versions to find the best way to monetise it.
We are also collecting a great amount of data on Flurry.
Just a few days ago, Apple changed the search algorythm in the US App store, pushing back our Solitaire being displayed from around nr. 8 to now beyond nr. 100.
Have a closer look at the data that we have collected and tell us from your perspective if and how we can use this data to monetise our Solitaire game in the best way possible. You are welcome to put together a list of questions when working on this task.
If you are keen on solving this first little test tasks, please give us a feedback within 3 working days. As soon as we got your feedback, we will give you access and „invite“ you to the tools mentioned above.
As soon as the task is fulfiled, we will transfer the money with Paypal.