Need some work done? Post a Project Today
I have a golf course directory website localgolfer.com where we list all 50 states. We need to add 1500-2000 more courses. We have a base spreadsheet that is missing the county that each course exists and the website for each course.
This data entry job is to take an existing spreadsheet add information for the existing records (each record represents a golf course). The information that needs to be added is an entry for the course website and county. This information will have to be researched and entered in the master spreadsheet provided by me.
Here are your instructions to add and verify the required data:
1. Sort worksheet by State and then Zip and then City.
2. Search for counties by Zip --- reference http://quickfacts.census.gov/cgi-bin/qfd/lookup
a. For course_county column Each entry should include the word “County” (ie:Baltimore County)
3. Google course name, city and state on the internet to find information about the course (NOTE: there are many courses that have the same name, so make sure the addresses match):
a. For the course_website column add website URL, if available (including “http://” , please only grab the domain name) and verify all address phone and other information. DO NOT enter a website unless it is the actual course's website, we do not want the course page from a golf website such us Golflink, American golf, etc. Please make sure that the course is still in business. If it is not in business please highlight the entire row in yellow, you can call the course to verify that the course is still in business.
b. If course does not have a website, please use www.GolfLink.com to find valid information about the course. If there is no website just leave the website blank
4. Verify/correct/update the Address, City, State, Zip, Phone, Holes & Par.
5. Leave Longitude, Latitude, Price and Range blank
If you do a good job I will hire you to help on our other updating projects
**If course is closed/out of business, highlight the entire row in bright yellow
**If course has 27 holes, list it as one course with 27 holes instead of three courses with nine holes
**If course has two 18-hole courses, list them as two separate courses
Any questions, please ask