Resource to use
Username: russell.barnett@shophomeservices .com
Using the resource I have provided, I need someone to research information from the website I provided and enter it onto the file excel template I have attached.
1. Please log into the website I have provided using the user name and password above.
2. To the right of "Search these databases" Click the following two boxes...
3. Open up the excel file you will see that in columns E & F are the city and state. (You will be looking up every city and state on the website)
4. Please enter the city name (on website) in the section where it says "Community" and choose the state on the right side under "State".
5. Click "Search" on the lower right hand side.
6. Your results (records) will populate at the bottom of the screen, I will be using (Athens, Alabama) as an example. (Highlighted in yellow on the excel spreadsheet).
7. You will see that in the results section you will get several results.
8. You will be able to identify if the result is for (cable or Telco/IPTV) under the "Type" first column.
9. On the excel spreadsheet you will see that there are several names under “Cable” heading in green names which include:
• Charter Communications
• Cable One Time Warner
• Verizon FIOS
• AT&T U- Verse
• Bright House Networks
And under “Telco/IPTV” header in yellow you will see the following names:
• Pacific Bell
Both are separated by the red column down the center on spreadsheet.
I will be using Athens Alabama as an example, I have highlighted the column on spreadsheet in light blue
10. After entering the city under community and selecting the state, using Athens Alabama as the example you will see that there are 4 records for Cable and 1 record for Telco/IPTV.
11. When choosing your results for Cable off of the website to place onto the spreadsheet you are then going to choose the most fitting result based on the cable company names I provided above (please note that sometimes there will be more than one correct result) you will be placing your results onto the spreadsheet by marking using an “X” onto the excel spreadsheet as shown in example under green header. In the case of Athens, we will be choosing "Charter Communications" which you will be able to identify under LOCAL CO NAME on website (please note that you will also need to make sure that the "STATUS" states operating) once you identify plug it onto the spreadsheet.
12. You will notice that there is 1 record for Telco/IPTV on web, you will see that under the word "OWNER" it’s says AT&T inc. After you identify the name you will plug it onto the spreadsheet using an “X” Under Telco/IPTV yellow header on spreadsheet.
Extra Variables to keep in mind.
1. If you get more than one result for the city for example (Athens) we got 4. You are choosing the city name that is a stand-alone word. Also that the status states operating.