You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I own a online lighting store that is expanding to the UK. I am looking to fill a position for data entry. Basically you would get a catalog in pdf with products selected that you’ll have to enter into a datasheet. You would be doing this in a program called OpenOffice, which is like Excel but free.
You can choose your own hours but i would like to get as many products out as possible as soon as possible since i have catalogs waiting to be entered. I can have multiple people work on different catalogs if necessary but ideally i would like to work with one person full-time for as long as possible because there will always be new products and this is easier to manage and to do quality control. I don’t want to spend times teaching 5 people the way we enter data.
We have a certain way of entering data that will need to be explained first before you would be able to start so you’ll have to receive some training in advance. Maybe at first we can arrange for some data entry test for which you will be paid per productentry. This will be low since i’ll have to double check everything you did meticulously. But there will be some payment so you are assured you are not doing free data entry. Once you are trained we will switch do a fixed fee per hour. Quality is a priority so that’s why i don’t want to pay per productentry.
There is one field that requires some basic creative thinking for each product. This is the description field. The content of this field must be something like this example:
“Productname” is a floor lamp made out of metal with a cotton lampshade that is available in three colours: red, white and black. This floor lamp comes with a powerswitch on the extension cord.
These are the skills required:
- must have very good knowledge of written UK English. Please no American English! Your UK English must be better than mine.
- must be able to work in datasheets
Bonus points if you have these skills (ranked in order of importance):
- basic technical knowledge of lighting (you know what a fitting is, you know what light colour means,...)
- basic knowledge of OpenOffice
- basic knowledge of an image processing program (like photoshop or gimp) is a plus. Our delivered productphotographs sometimes need cropping and/or resizing. If necessary i can provide the cropped/resized photos.
- SEO knowledge is a plus but not a necessity because we have a list of keywords you can use in the description field.
I'm willing to discuss paying a fixed hourly fee or a fee per entry. Quality is of the highest importance so i prefer a fixed hourly fee that will be paid weekly or monthly. Ideally you would bill with an official invoice and i will wire you the payment. If necessary i can pay via this site but i will need an invoice for bookkeeping. I'm not sure if this is possible on this site. I don't like people who bid without reading the requirements, so what is your favorite TV-show at the moment? I look forward to working with you. Have a nice day!