Basically we are using 2 types of girds in our application
1. DevEx Grids (TcxGridDBBandedTableView or TcxGridDBTableView)
2. What we refer to as JDI Grid (TACxGridDBBandedTableView or TACxGridDBTableView).
Either one of these might allow users to
1. Modify column layout (width, visible columns, column layout etc.).
2. Filter on columns using
A. the FilterRow
B. Tags (TagInclude and TagExclude)
C. Filter Panel Search Box (only in JDI Grids
3. Assign Summaries to footer
4. Group by columns (and summaries on those)
Currently we support an option to save column layout on some grids (section 1 above) using the GridLayoutHelpers.SaveColumnLayoutToProgPrefs method with data stored as XML by Computer Name and restored on load of form.
In the reports (RepGrid.pas) we have an option of saving multiple Views (column layout) by User and/or Workstation with data being saved in RepUserViews table of RepEngn dictionary.
We want to develop a component that should save all Filters (as available), column layouts and summaries applied.
* Setting for MRU items to save
* Option to Pin a saved item to stay in list regardless
* User should be able to assign / edit the Caption for the saved item
* Properly designed events to control how and where data is being saved and restored from
* While saving user should be able to select which of Filters / Column Layout / Summaries should be saved
* Settings for each grid to set which options should be available for user to be saved (such as no option to save summaries)
* When using JDI Grid we have some special options where we deal with expression fields (such as Select p.*, (p.Cost/p.UPC) [UnitCost] From PrdList p) having the Expression fields included in SQL only if field is visible and the “Order By” clause using the field from the Select part of statement. In the same way we need to add support to filter by those columns.
Will supply with project that include grids with all options.
Requires DevExpress v2011.2.9 and Advantage Database Components
Include BLUE MAGIC in your bid to rule out spam.