You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Crimson Interactive is a leading ISO-certified organization (ISO 9001:2008) providing Japanese and English language solutions to academicians, researchers, and corporate clients globally. We have served more than 20,000 clients from various geographies like Japan, China, Taiwan, Germany, Korea, the US, UK, Iran, etc. and are proud to be amongst the top three editing players in Japan (http://www.crimsonjapan.co.jp/). We have also partnered with Maruzen (Japan’s largest academic publisher) and Dai Nippon Printing (DNP; the world’s second largest printer and publisher) for their editorial and translation needs.
Crimson is a company where cultures across boundaries thrive together. We have a diverse in house staff comprising Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese, and Indians, all working toward a common objective.
Honors and Awards
Crimson has been recognized as among the “100 most promising companies” in the world by Red Herring (http://herringevents.com/rhg2010/winners/2010winners.html) and is the only editing company to be recognized for at both Asia and Global Red Herring Awards, 2010. At these awards, Crimson stood out in the academic editing, transcription, and language solutions domain, and was a clear winner compared to its closest competitors.
Freelance editors play a pivotal role in our business model and help us in ensuring author satisfaction by editing academic papers meant for publication in highly acclaimed international journals, across a vast range of subject areas.
We are looking for freelance editors with high proficiency in the English language to work with us for our editing services.
Qualities we look for in our freelance editors:
• Proficiency and competence in the most widely spoken language across the world—English!
• Knack for diligently editing, restructuring, and polishing articles written by non-native speakers, with least 5 years of relevant copyediting/academic editing experience.
• Extensive subject matter expertise in the following areas :-
• Computer Sciences
• Material Sciences
• Clinical Pharmacology
• Dentistry/Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology
• Evolutionary biology
• Orthopedics/Rheumatology/Rehabilitation Sciences.
We prefer editor profiles that reflect
• Master’s/PhD/postdoctoral research experience (studies conducted, papers written/published, papers reviewed, etc.)
• Certificate/experience in academic editing, publishing, scientific communication, journal article writing, etc.
• Experience in editing ESL (English as a second language) manuscripts
• Knowledge of the style (such as APA, CMS, AMA, CSE, IEEE, etc.) and conventions followed in academic writing
• Member of acclaimed editing and publishing associations like EFA, EASE, BELS, etc.
A glimpse at what you would edit
You will be assigned papers of varying difficulty levels (in terms of English, subject matter expertise, and the extent of revision needed) written by non-native speakers in either English or their native language (translated papers). These papers are written by what we believe constitute an eclectic group of authors and writers, i.e., we receive work from not only scientists, researchers, and students but also corporates, linguists, and the common man trying to communicate in English—from the latest in cutting-edge technology to the timeless fascination with history and arts!
Our freelance editors should ensure
• immaculate grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, and word choice
• flow, transition, correct terminology, correctness of content, and coherence
• appropriate manuscript format* that conforms to academic conventions in terms of citation style, layout, section headings, and tense usage
• preservation of the author’s intended meaning even in papers where the content requires extensive revision
*Freelance editors also thoroughly format the manuscript as per mentioned jour