You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
This is an easy project for someone who 'knows how'. My firm is trying to create some templates for use in creating contracts, etc. Each contract is basically the same, except the names, dates, numbers, etc, change from client to client. I would like to be able to enter the info that is particular to each client (about 20-30 items per template) at the top, and have it automatically populate the document below with the new information. I attempted to do this by embedding an Excel table into a Word document and then linking to it. I also tried linking parts of the Word document(s) to a table within Word. It works, but very, very poorly and with many bugs. It is possible that this can be done using FIELDs, but I am not sure. For instance, I have done something similar using Mail Merge. I'd like the solution to use the tools available in Office only; don't want outside code written, VBA macros would be ok if they are well documented and use VBA at the simplest level you could stoop to. There are about 4-5 templates that I need created, and each one has about 20-30 unique fields which get used perhaps 100 times throughout the document.
Please read the list below of problems I encountered. I would need to have ALL of these problems eliminated, or if not eliminated.
1) When updating the links I created, the font would change.
2) The files were not portable -- they could not be renamed without destroying the links, nor could the files be moved to another directory without destroying the links. Ultimately I would like to take the templates created and copy them to the hard drives of other colleagues in the firm. We do not use a server, so I would need to be able to copy files, and with minimal effort, be able to make them usable to the team member.
3) Very unstable -- it would crash Word or Office.
The templates in which you create the fields must have the following characteristics:
1) Not have any the problems I encountered: font changes upon update, non-portability, instability
2) Editable - I will need to edit these files from time to time. So the text should certainly be editable. I would also like to be able to add fields on my own once you are done. This includes adding a reference that is already there: e.g. the client name is a field, we use it 10 times in a document; I'd like to be able to use it an 11th time without having to come back to you. Also, I'd like to be able to add an entirely new field on my own, also without having to come back to you. Thus, it'd be nice if I had simple instructions on how to do so.
3) The information that gets edited should be in one place: a table (Word or Excel) at the top of the file, or an outside file (less preferable).
4) There must be reasonable documentation on how to use the templates
5) I would prefer that you be available once the project is finished for small changes, if necessary. We would compensate you, but it'd only be for a minimal increment of time.