You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
1) Chemical stays on the strip, resulting problems in down stream process of welding.
1) To build an in-line rinsing unit to wash the chemical off the strip with water
Things to be done:
1) To design an in-line rinsing unit utilizing the same concept as the chemical spray as shown, only using water as the cleaning agent.
2) Shift the chemical spray nozzles and its shroud to the left to allow space for integrating the rinsing unit.
3) Design mounting for the water pump directly underneath the tank.
4) The rinsed water should be discharged as drainage, no need for recycling. It is important that none of the water enters the chemical tank (open top type). Good design of shroud to prevent this is critical, as the water that comes out of the nozzle will splash all over the places as it hits the steel strip.
5) All fabrication drawings of the modification complete with holes drilling etc to be provided.
Notes to be taken:
1) The design should be the most economically viable, simple and practical. No fancy designs please.
2) Design should utilize the least time to fabricate, very simple, and inexpensive.
Take note in this video the material is bent. This has been changed, the strip is being fed flat into the degreasing unit instead as shown in the video.
Solidworks file attached as zip. 2010 version.