ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS PROJECT:
- know requirements of Indian Standard IS 2502;
- work with reinforcement and understand detailing, ordering, manufacturing, cutting etc of reinforcement;
- understanding rebar lists and its purpose;
- be able to use VBA in MS Excel to create macros.
If you do not have these skills/knowledge then DO NOT BID. Otherwise carry on with the description of the project.
My company purchased an Excel spreadsheet for creating rebar lists - see attached extract temp01.jpg. However, this spreadsheet does not have an option to optimise rebar based on cutting lengths. Therefore what we are after is a set of VBA macros that would use information like in the attached temp01.jpg and create worksheets with the following:
1. optimised cutting list - this gives a detailed cutting list based on an optimisation of all the lengths in a set of schedules using both standard stock lengths and a continuously updated offcut stock list;
2. wastage - wastage cannot be avoided when cutting rebar. This should be given as a weight figure;
3. cutting list - with an option to sort in this order: size of bar - shape code - cutting length OR size of bar - cutting length - shape code. Depending on user preference;
4. delivery note - extracted from BBS, listing the actually delivered materials with a diameter-wise summary;
5. production tags - these are small label tags giving full details of each line-item of rebar list. Should include a small shape sketch copied from the rebar list spreadsheet. Ideally these should include a 2-D barcode which can be used for automatic machine setting and production tracking purposes. I attach an example in temp02.pdf.
A good example can be downloaded in a demo form from here: http://www.bendingschedule.com/download.html - this shows in principle how the above should work. Note that you cannot copy any information/code from this spreadsheet publisher.
Also you will have to agree that you will not distribute/sell/pass on/give away/reuse etc. anything that you produce for us under this project. Meaning that we do not want you to distribute/etc. things that we pay you to produce specially for us - hopefully this is clear.
That is all, let me know if you need any clarification or have any questions.