You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
G-code microcontroller interpreter with pc interface
We need a simple autonomous touch screen g-code reader and interpreter for a 4 axis CNC machine that will use an onboard SD card to hold the gcode files and send 5v signal information to CNC stepper drivers. This unit is designed to eliminate the use of Mach3 or EMC2 stepper software solutions for computers without LPT ports.
The project requirement:
- Must be cost effective and compact therefore built from the ground up
- Other than the transfer of information to the unit, it must work independent of a computer
- At least 3 axis interpolation with a total of 4 axis of control
- Must be configurable with any machine parameters (acceleration, seed, screw pitch)
- Must have 5 modes: automatic, semi automatic, manual, change parameters and set zero
- Screen must show the position of the 4 axis in mm to 3 decimal places
- Must not loose steps in rounding calculations (our present error is +- 1um per 8 hours)
- Speeds must be changeable at all times even while unit is moving in automatic mode
- must work as well or better than programs like Mach3 or EMC2
- Microcontroller needs to autonomously control speed, counters, position, and timing
- Simultaneous movement of 3-4 axes
- Acceleration and deceleration must be used to control movements
- Required speed of 4000 mm/min with a Badog X2 cnc
- Must be configurable to use many different types of cnc machines
- Schematics in eagle format
- List of parts and pieces with suppliers
- Program and source of unit code in avrstudio4
- Program and source to transfer gcode to sd card
- Working prototype of hardware and software to test
Or the possibility to manufacture the unit and we buy per piece
Your work will be tested in real life on a real machine under stress conditions so; theoretical workers are not advised to take this position. This project will be manufactured in-house so we need all the source code, schematics and all to correspond to our in-house technologies or to find an applicable solution for the manufacturing of this product.
No milestone payments or no payment until we have the unit in hand and satisfactory tested on an actual 4 axis machine. We will cover your costs to develope if you finish the project only. You will sign a confidentiality agreement.
Contact us for more information