Select a company which operates in a global / multinational environment. Consider the management issues involved in the development of an aspect of the global strategy of a specific international business. For example, you may want to consider:
- the takeover of one company by another, or the creation of a joint venture across international borders
- the broadening of the scope of the organisation e.g. moving into new markets or new products
- changes to the degree of vertical or horizontal integration within an organisation’s value chain, establishing or changing strategic relationships with partner organisations including outsourcing
- the development of new management approaches e.g. implementation of a new quality management process
- changes to an organisation’s supply chain to meet new strategic objectives e.g. reducing cost, improving customer service
Note that you do not have to choose one of these examples; the management issue you select to analyse can be different to those above.
The report should be based on research into an actual company and a real business situation. You should clarify that your chosen topic is suitable with the module leader (Gren Lannon).
Your report needs to include:
- What is the organisation you have chosen? And what is the current scope of its operations – i.e. which countries/regions does it operate in – and what are its main product areas/divisions?
- What is its current organisation wide strategy? Does it have a low cost focus? Does it have a differentiation focus? What would you say are the core competences of your organisation? (the things that it does better than rivals?)
- What specific aspect of strategy is your assignment focussing on? Show how the specific aspect of strategy that you are focussing on fits into the general strategy of the organisation.
- Make a critical appraisal of the context in which the business you have chosen operates, including an in-depth assessment of the following;
o Management of the Value Chain
o Foreign Direct Investment or other global financing issues
o Cross cultural management issues
o management of product or service quality
o Supply-Chain management
o Impact on the organisation’s stakeholders
Additional Project Description:
10/28/2013 at 18:03 PKT
one more file has been added