You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
The combination of all these elements produces a mathematical model for the Lateral Beam
Guidance System. Using this model as a basis, perform the following investigations:
1. Use this model and the parameter values given in the Appendix A to produce an equation
based simulation of the Lateral Beam Guidance System in Matlab.
2. Compare the accuracy of your simulation when using Euler and 4th Order Runge-Kutta
integration methods. Do not use the in-built Matlab integration functions.
3. Using Simulink, validate your Matlab model and simulation responses.
4. Investigate the performance of this guidance system for ILS approaches consider different
values for the following:
(i) different values for coupler gain Gc
(ii) different approach velocities
5. It is normal practice to include an integral term within the coupler of a Lateral Beam
Guidance system. Use your Matlab simulation to investigate the effect of introducing the
integral term. Find values for KI and Gc that provide the best performance from this system.
6. So far the longitudinal dynamics of the aircraft have not been considered. One way to
incorporate these dynamics is to vary the range of the aircraft, R. Use the data presented in
Table 1 (Appendix B) to represent the change in the range of the aircraft as time progresses.
Implement an appropriate interpolation routine to determine the range values that fall
between these data points. Do not use the in-built Matlab integration functions.