About The Academic Internship Council
Internship Period: April 2013 to July or August 2013
Internship Position: Coordinator
Re-numerations: S$400 per month
- Public Transport (buses / mrt) claimable for work-related travels
- AIC networking and touring events or activities will be paid for.
- Flexibility. Intern can work from the office or from anywhere else as long as work is accomplished at the highest level of professionalism and efficiency.
- Coordinating students' activities and bringing students on tours / orientation activities
- Assist in Students' Welfare (Health / Social). When the need arises, to accompany student to a medical clinic. And be on rotational 24/7 standby for any emergencies.
- Recruiting internship employers and matching them with the right candidates. This involves:
> researching into targeted industries for potential companies
> calling companies to introduce ourselves / our purpose and to obtain the internship in-charge's email address and contact number
> visiting networking events
> keying the details into spreadsheets
- Assist in the the Global Internship Conference - http://globalinternshipconference.org/
(Interest in other areas of the operation can be discussed along the way.)
- potential to shadow employer's meetings and deliver presentations
- potential to shadow a networking session's discussion and make contacts
- potential to gain global contacts; employers, students, and academia
- potential to get referrals / testimonials for application to particular companies in the AIC Employers' Database
- Singaporean / Singapore PR / Work Holiday Permit Holder
- Fluent and Eloquent in English
- Conscientious and Professional Work Ethics
- Good Social skills and enjoy meeting people
Only Singaporean / Singapore PR need apply.
Please email your CV to