If you know Access, Excel, Word 2007 and vba, this one will be easy for you!
just need you to create a db with a form for entering based on this excel file I have. I'll be able to select a person and all the items for that person will show up in the form to enter.
Then when a button is hit, it will save that form's data to another table with a unique id and also merge that information to a word document.
I ALREADY HAVE THE MERGE CODE FOR THE WORD DOCUMENT and the WORD DOCUMENT IS ALREADY MADE.
All you have to do is design the database and fit the merge code in.
I estimate around 5 hours of work. Thanks
Here are detailed notes:
Start with the basics
Then to merge
0. put in all the fields from the tables in the forms.
1. inv form
Choose client dropdown:
-dropdown linked to client table
-fills in monthrecur subform
-fills in currentexpenses subform
-fills in client history subform
- fills in special message
- fills in for
2. Monthrecur subform (editible)
- item(s) that gets added everymonth
- if an inv has been generated with it in it, that monthrecur month gets set to YES (default no)
3. Currentexpensestemp (editible)
- just a temp table
- I can enter in values and it will store it there until the inv button is pushed
4. Client inv history subform (not editible)
-client history shows every inv with month recur items, client name, inv num , currentexpenses items on one line that was created
5. Create inv button
- creates the inv in inv table
- only includes the monthrecur if check mark (include recur) is checked
- if it includes the monthrecur, set the latest monthrecur month that is a "no" to "yes" (that will be the month indicated on the merged document and in the inv table)
- includes every item in currentexpensestemp, currentexpensetemp table goes blank for that client, while those values get stored in currentexpenses table)
- merges with word document
-fills inv field: sent with the current date
6. merge with word document procedure (attached word document)
- merges with word document based on invID
- creates word document in a special directory with the filename: inv-an-clientnameuse-mm-dd-yy.doc