You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We wish to automate our current MS Word Document Preparation Process.
Our current process is to
1. Enter data (e.g. name, address, assets, liabilities, income, expenses) into our purpose built MS Excel 2007 spreadsheets
2. Press a button in excel that opens a purpose built MS Word 2007 Template
3. The data entered into excel is automatically populated into the word template by us pressing Ctrl A then F9
4. Using Quickparts in MS Word where we have stored all our purpose built document insertions (e.g. contents, graphs, tables, etc) we add the required insertions throughout the Word document
5. We then manually edit the insertions until there are complete
We have designed the MS Word Template for a single person, and also another Template for a couple... All of the insertions have also been designed for either a single person or a couple
What we would like to do is automate the manual process of selecting the insertions and pasting them into the required sections throughout the MS Word template.
Our Thoughts on the Design... We were thinking that while in MS Excel (after data entry) we would select the required MS Word template to be used, and also select the required insertions (with the insertions being automatically inserted throughout the Word template in their required sections).
We would then press a button on MS Excel which would open MS Word with the template pre-populated with all the data and the selected insertions in the sections where they arte required.
We are open to how best to design this...
Additional Project Description:
05/06/2012 at 22:50 CEST
In terms of the MS Word Template there are different sections throughout the document where we are required to paste the insertions. Below are the (6) main sections of the Template where we are required to paste the insertions
- Executive Summary
- Important Information (i.e. name, address, dob, kids, assets, liabilities, income, expenses are listed in this section)
- Goals & Objectives (a summary of the goals & objectives the client wishes to achieve are listed here)
- Risk Profile (a description & graph of the client's risk profile is inserted here)
- Advice to You (all recommendations are inserted here)
- Analysis & Projections (all calculations & projections are inserted here)
- Appendix (all appendices are inserted here)
In terms of the insertions, they are purpose built MS Word sections saved into Quickparts that contain information about a specific topic and also include tables, graphs and excel spreadsheets.
As we prepare documents for either a single person or couple, most of the insertions have been designed/ set up for either a single person or a couple. There are approx. 60 individual insertions.
It is important that the insertions selected to go into the MS Word template are pasted into the correct sections and are also pasted in the order in which they are selected.
I have attached a MS Word template sample to review (please ignore the colour boxes up the top of the page)