Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We have an existing VBA script for Microsoft Excel that processes a CSV input and produces an Excel file as output. However, the format of the CSV has changed, and we'd like the script to account for those changes. (The CSV file is produced by Squareup.com.)
* Many of the columns are shuffled around
* Some of the columns are re-titled
* Previously, a single column contained values for "Card - Swiped" and "Card - Keyed"; in the new scheme, there are two columns, "Card - Swiped" and "Card - Keyed", and the column contains the value of the transaction
* Previously a column titled "Payment Type" contained values for "card" and "cash" for method of payment; in the new scheme, there is a separate column for cash transactions, with the column containing (again) the value of that transaction
The BookSalesMaster (2) Fixed.xls is the current script. The sample_dummy_input.csv file represents the current CSV style, which is not compatible with the current VBA script. Finally, the sample_dummy_output.xls represents the ideal output of the VBA script.
Depending on the complexity/feasibility, there are several additional modifications we would like to pursue.
* Modify script to also work on other (older/more limited) versions of Excel, LibreOffice, etc.
* "Financials" tab of output file should have limited column width (e.g., ~8) and be formatted for wrap text
* "InputData" tab of output file, if possible, should exclude all columns except, Date, Time, Payment Type, Sales, Card Brand, Device Name, Description, and Card Number