Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
You will create a search function in a Excel 2003 spreadsheet that will search an 6 digit Product ID number from a downloaded Point Of Sale stock take spreadsheet with around 11,500 rows. We will then copy and paste the downloaded data onto your Excel Spreadsheet. We want a finished solution in under 2 days.
View actual attached POS Stock Take example and once you have created the search function it should function as follows:
1. Wireless barcode scanner scans a 6 digit Product ID barcode from retail products in a store directly into your Excel Spreadsheet Search Box
2. The Search locates the scanned Product ID item number from "Column A" in the Excel spreadsheet
3. It then adds a numerical count of 1 to a cell in "Column H", Your count.
4. If a number already exists in the Your count cell then it will copy the existing number and increase the number count by 1 (If the previous count was 1 then it would now be 2)
5. The cursor then returns to the search box awaiting the next scan.
6. Once the Stock take is complete we will copy all of the data back to the original Excel Spreadsheet and upload the Stock Count to our Point of Sale inventory system.
- There must be no error pop ups that break the scan cycle however (if available error sound is ok) as the user will be scanning actual products in a retail store and not watching the screen.
- If barcode scanned does not exist on spreadsheet then the cursor should return to the search box awaiting next scan with no pop up error message (if available error sound is ok)
We are flexible with this solution and if you have another way of achieving the same outcome we will consider it.
Only bid if you are 100% confident that you can create a robust solution and can deliver the solution in under 2 days.
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)