You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am a small manufacturing company producing a product for carrying babies called a Ring Sling, or sling for short (www.tragmich.at - it is in german but I am american, so english is preferred).
I need a relatively simple 'supply chain management' set of spreadsheets, and by this I mean a set of spreadsheets that will tell me the following: (you can also look at the attached documents)
1) given my current inventory of materials, how many slings can I produce today
2) what is my current inventory of completed slings, based on the previous month's inventory, production and sales, so I can better forecast what model slings I will need in the next three months
3) given my forecast and current inventory of both materials and completed slings, how much of each material do I need to order to meet the forecasted demand over the next three months
I had someone create the attached spreadsheets for me, and all the formulas worked perfectly, however, as I have limited Excel skills, I need new ones that has the following capabilities:
- the ability to add new fabrics and fabric combinations
- the ability to delete old fabrics and fabric combinations
- the ability to make it ongoing - it is a monthly spreadsheet and the creator created it only through April, so now I am stuck
- the ability to, or maybe just instructions on, save the spreadsheets under different names as I update them. I have the impression from the person who created them that I cannot rename any of the spreadsheets as they are interconnected based on names. So for example I cannot save a worksheet as 'April 2013'; this is important because sometimes I want to make a manual adjustment, let's say in May, then want to go back and see what it had looked like in April before I made the adjustment. Right now I can same them in different folders, but can't then open them at the same time, because they have the same name. I also work with the head of our production who is physically located somewhere else, but the Inventory is kept both where she is and where I am; and some of the sheets are filled in by her, and some by me. So in a given month I might want to look at her spreadsheets and mine at the same time, but as they have the same name, I cannot open them at the same time. Or I could be completely wrong and they could be renamed with out confusion. That's where you come in.
Here is what needs to be in each spreadsheet:
Each Sling has the following components:
- two different fabrics - one color for the main part of the sling; a second color for the edges. I have at any given time approximately 15 different fabrics, which I combine to make approximately 20 different sling model numbers.
- a pair of rings
- material for the shoulder pad
- material for the side padding
The material is delivered in the following measurements
- fabric is delivered in meters; it is then cut into smaller pieces before it can be used for a sling. Each sling needs two pieces of fabric. Each piece needs to be the same size, regardless if it is used for the middle of the sling or for the sides. Each piece needs to be a 3 meter length of fabric, but only 1/3 or 1/2 of the width, depending on how wide the fabric is
- rings are delivered in pairs, at the moment is a choice of only two colors, black or white
- The padding is currently delivered in rolls; we use the same material for the shoulder pad and the side padding, but they are cut into different sizes
As mentioned above, both I and another person are filling in the spreadsheet, not sure what the best way to manage this is.
Hope between the above description and the attached sheets this gives you a good idea of the scope of the project. Also, the language may be a mixture of German and English, but I prefer all English.