DUE DATE: 20th NOV
The design of your Web site should reflect the character of your topic. For example, a web site about organic foods might have a fresh, natural look. A web site about energy drinks might have a vibrant, energetic look. A web site about wine might have a sophisticated, traditional look. These are suggestions only. Think about the distinguishing characteristics of your topic. Demonstrate innovative, interesting design concepts.
Whilst much of the site is for you to design and implement some items are required - the emphasis is on the Flash work we have done:
• Welcome / home page with creative design
• Contact form - not required to work with script
• Logo and creative design
• Consistent, effective navigation design
• Each page self describing - who, what, where, when, copyright, home link and email - in footer
• Design Structure - explain your the choice
• Folder Structure - you will need at least the folders [ images, css, js ] to hold content.
• The project will evidence appropriate and comprehensive use of the material covered in class ie:
• Flash Banners - animated - interactivity
• Flash Menu - animated - interactivity
• Flash Textural animation
• images (optimized)
• pop up window from Flash link
• examples of Video and Audio
• some sort of Flash image display - examples shown in class
• accessibility requirements for all objects - especially Flash
• appropriate page titles
• use of tables styled appropriately with CSS.
• other - your call
The Web site should display correctly on the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome/Safari on a PC (Mac is optional). Your target screen resolution is 1024 * 768 pixels.
PLA Option: Ensure that your page design also looks good on screens with a higher resolution (e.g. 1280 * 1024 pixels) or a lower resolution (e.g. 800 * 600).
The content of the Web site should address topics that will be of interest to people who share your love of the chosen topic. For example, a Web site about traditional Chinese food could include descriptions and photos of Chinese dishes, Chinese recipes, places to buy ingredients, traditional ways of eating certain dishes, reviews and photos of good Chinese restaurants and take-away shops, and links to other sites about Chinese food. These are suggestions only.
File size limit
The files that make up your Website must come to a total of no more than 1 MB (excluding video and/or audio files), and may be considerably smaller. Source small media files.
You are to build your Web site with Flash - coding where necessary.