Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Attention Scriptlance users, Scriptlance has been acquired by Freelancer.com! Find out more
Design Instatone Unified Listening Experience for a potential Flash/Action Script contract. Instatone is a new community DIY radio station that has an auto-dj system whereby members upload music, other members rate the music, and the new playlist is generated that can be streamed to listeners via the internet.
Problems this upgrade solve:
Current we have a shoutcast stream. So when users play songs 'on demand' via our opensource flash player it plays on top of the radio program that streams via shoutcast. User has to go into default player (ie iTunes) and actually stop the stream as it is a separate output and application from the flashplayer. We will add a new button - PLAY VIA ITUNES on the top but the main button for playing radio will use the new flash player. (We currently use: http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/ )
* Must be compatible with Drupal 4.7 (Must be compatible with the Audio Module)
* The player will need to play our Internet Radio Stream by clicking on the LISTEN Button directly through website/flash player.
* The LISTEN button should be changed to say LISTEN TO RADIO NOW. Once this is clicked by user it should toggle to say YOU ARE LISTENING TO INSTARADIO.
* Player must be able to play multiple formats of music - MP3 (any codec/channel including joint-stereo and regular), M4A. Also MONO or STEREO.
* The player should be able to play any bitrate and it would be nice if we could set it?
* The player should NEVER quit. If it encounters a bad file then it should skip that song and move onto the next.
* We also might want you to build a 'remote player that includes rating and comments.
* Here is the key aspect: If a user goes to a song directly and was listening to the flash stream, then the flash stream stops and he plays this song. Once that song ends the Flash Radio will start again.
* Flash Radio will need to have a station identification - You are Listening to Instatone Radio" provided as MP3. Admin needs to be able to set frequency of this.
* The playlist is already generated hourly so will need to hook into the new flash radio unified player.
* Player needs to show status bar of time remaining and also visually.
* Player must comply with Instatone's styleguide.
* Player should show song up next by said band and last tune coming up by said band, song name, band name, submitted by username, genre, and if the song is new or not. Player should also show song ranking out of X rated songs.
* Player needs to be compatible with our rating and reviewing system.
* We need to use our new PLAY/STOP button for songs on demand.
* If user playing song on-demand then radio stops. When on-demand song completes radio begins again automatically with the station ID beginning first.
Player should be able to track number of listeners, number of tracks played, number of bands, etc.
Developer must know how to install the player on the site.
The featured band should only play one song at a time. Currently you can play 5 songs at the exact same time. See homepage to test.
Freelancer.com (formerly GetAFreelancer, Scriptlance and vWorker/Rentacoder) is the world's largest freelancing, outsourcing and crowdsourcing marketplace for small business. Hire freelancers to work in software, writing, data entry and design right through to engineering and the sciences, sales and marketing, and accounting & legal services.
Find freelance jobs and make money online! We have freelance coders, writers, programmers, designers, marketers and more. Getting the best web design, custom programming, professional writing or affordable marketing has never been easier!
© Copyright 2013 Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)
Freelancer ® is a registered Trademark of Freelancer Technology Pty Limited (ACN 142 189 759)