You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I need you to build me the following GPS tracking device:
• All components within a 15x1.5x1cm casing.
• Built in battery unit.
• Powered by a dynamo which charges the batteries when the device is moved (like in a watch).
• GSM unit to send the location to a server (preferably a MySQL Database). The GSM unit must use a powerful antenna in order to be able to get GSM signal even in remote locations. The GSM unit must be able to work on all phone networks across the globe.
• A button which, when clicked, sends the device's location to the server. The device will only connect to the GSM network when the button is pressed.
• A small vibration motor which vibrates when the device's location has been successfully sent to the server.
If possible, the SIM details should be preprogrammed into the device in order to remove the need for a physical SIM within the device. I will provide you with the SIM details - do not include the cost of the mobile contract or the cost of the SIM in your bid.
Do not worry about the case design or manufacture.
Your bid should be for the completed project including testing and material costs for 2 completed and delivered (to the UK) units. Ideally, we would like the project complete within a month.
If you are also interested in long term manufacture, please also let me know of an estimated cost per unit for 250 units.
I have set the budget to £20, this is not the real budget! I would like for you to quote on the project.
There will be future work if the project is successful.