Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Hi, my name is Robert and I am passionate about math education. Finland is currently #1 in the world in math & science education. The U.S. is 26th. I'm trying to help bring the best research into the classroom, one concept at a time. The single biggest predictor of a student graduating high school in the U.S is if they completed Algebra by 9th grade. We definitely have an epidemic. I've been a math teacher for 5 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. I've learned a lot from my time in the classroom and graduate studies, and am ready to share with kids in a very important medium - game design. Below I break down the short-term and long term goals for this project with addional notes on the bottom.
1. To create a simultaneous multi-player fairytale graphic (2D, 2.5D, or 3D) math education game constructed around social and cognitive learning theory for use in the classroom. I have a vision for kids playing cooperatively in the classroom using technology.
2. Teach patterns and concepts in math through guided sequencing of problem sets that students face
3. Integrate character customization feature
4. One game level for each math objective - first 10-15 levels focus on advanced fraction knowledge and pre-algebra, levels 16-25 take students through Statistics and hypothesis formation/testing/analysis
Short-term - (Ready to begin December 20th)
1. Build a self-sufficient app that can be later be integrated into the larger game model
2. App is called "Cake City" and is based on UCLA primary model to introduce fractions to 3rd and 4th graders for the first time. An introduction to division
3. I need someone that I can build a long-term partnership and is commited to improving math education through a positive gaming experience for kids. Our math content is very special, we need a game designer who can bring it to life
4. I've modified the specs of the first project as much as possible to make it reasonable in the $1500 - $2500 range. I will not spend more than that until I know firmly I'm working with the right partner to reach our long-term goals. I will work with you to specific milestones at each $500 level.
5. First release needs to run on PC-web, Iphone/Ipad, and Android. We prefer working in Unity, but if you can make an argument for using a different design platform, please feel free to do so.
Let me know if you'd like to discuss further.