WANTED: Talented and experienced travel writer. Must be from California or have visited California.
We're a Clovis, CA real estate company trying to create a marketing piece for people who are considering moving to Clovis. To do this we're creating a "relocation packet." The packet will have 3 things:
(1) an illustrated cartoon map of the area (being designed by another Freelancer),
(2) approximately five, 1-page "marketing" inserts detailing 5 relocation topics (see below), and
(3) a URL that directs them to our website (where they can read about how great Clovis is).
That's where you come in.
We need an experienced "travel writer" to make Clovis look like a great place to live/relocate. And it is. Some of the best features Clovis offers are: value (very affordable CA housing), outstanding schools, close proximity to great attractions, and warm friendly people.
To do this, we need 2 things:
1. Re-write our attempt at making Clovis sound like a great place to live (see the attached document -- it's a hodgepodge of materials we've written, and some copy/pasted material from the Fresno County Visitors Bureau). You'll notice that we've focused on 5 main relocation topics:
-Clovis (brief overview of Clovis)
-Clovis schools (why they're some of best schools in CA)
-Clovis housing / neighborhoods (what makes living here a great value)
-Area attractions (we're near world renown attractions)
-Clovis Real Estate relocation services (how we can help anyone relocate)
FYI, this information will go on our website: ClovisExperts.com
2. Next, from the info you write above, break down EACH of the 5 relocation areas in 2-3 paragraphs. Each "summary" needs to be very "convincing" since we'll give each one to our graphic designer who will create a marketing-like piece to place in our relocation packet with the illustrated map.
To summarize, you'll be doing 2 things: (1) writing a longer piece for each of the 5 relocation topics (length is not important since it will go on our website), and (2) breaking the longer piece into 2-3 paragraphs so we can give it to our graphic designer who will create a visually stimulating relocation packet with your summaries and our photos.
Hope all of that makes sense. While this may sound like a lot of work, see the attached document. Most of the heavy-lifting has already been done for you. We're asking you to smooth it out and add your professional writing touches to make Clovis look like the perfect place to relocate!
Here are some helpful websites to give you a better idea about the Clovis area: