I am the owner of a PC video game site called Distraction Gaming (DistractionGaming.com). I am looking for a logo to capture the essence of my site.
* The logo can have either the letters DG or both words Distraction Gaming or a combo of both. Really which ever is going to look the best. I know Distraction Gaming is a long word so it may cause issues trying to fit.
* I would like it to work well on both a black and a white background but not neseccary.
* Adjectives: Sharp, Clean, Simple
* We review video games from small independent studios on the PC
* We are a purely video based site. Very few written articles with an emphasis on non-edited footage of games.
* The logo should reflect a "to the point" non-fluff style of company.
Now that I am working on the site full time I want something that I can show to people today and they will remember that symbol/logo years to come.
These are the logos we have had before.
The first one was made by a fan and I do really love the logo but it drives the direction abit too much by using the controllers around the DG. I started working on number 2 but I'm not talented enough to make a really good logo.
Things that I need from the logo.
1. Doesn't use a piece of gaming equipment in it (controllers, mouses, etc)
2. Uses vectors so I can easily scale it to 1080p.
3. Can import well into After Effects to be used as a component of an intro/outro screen on videos.
Other then that really it's free game. I like techy electronic stuff so if that helps with ideas.
A couple designs I like by competitors and others are:
1. PCgamesN.com (I really like the simpleness of their design as well as the abstract box around the N)
2. Gamespy.com (The icon for GameSpy is very remember-able in my opinion)
3. Shacknews.com (The logo fits the name perfectly)
I don't like:
1. Gamechup.com (I think it's too simple, too easy to forget)
2. Kotaku.com (Too intricate)
* 20-34 year old PC gamers both male and female.
This one is tough really it's a matter of what looks good.
* I like Word, Pictoral, Abstract, Letter
* Emblem and Web 2.0 are iffy
* Don't want a Character