You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are a not-for-profit community group seeking to enhance our effort in providing organization and resources to ethnic communities. We are seeking an experienced freelance App developer to spearhead the next phase of our growth in technology.
Qualifications we are seeking are as follows:
- Comprehensive knowledge of native lap programming in objective C.
- Experienced in object-oriented programming (code so subsequent developers can pick it up and figure out what’s going on)
- Ability to design an easy to navigate UI for technologically challenged.
- Produce eye-catching, modern and unique colorful graphics for the App.
- Experience in utilizing features such as camera, compass, and map integration.
- Previous work on any ethnic focused, news, dating or classified Apps will be a bonus.
- Proficiency in design of an easy to use and secure user database, email list, etc.
- Sign-in option directly and with social media integration.
- Ability to produce work that can be easily rebranded and introduced in a new market.
- Experience working around usability issues and tips and tricks regarding submissions to the App Store.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with experience interfacing directly with our GM.
- Familiarity coding for iOS and insight in issues can arise in transferring the design to Android.
- Design of App BOTTON?
The App we are looking for, in brief, is a one stop source for what is going on in a community. Example; if you are of Italian heritage and just moved to Seattle, you can download our free "Seattle Italians" App and get instant access to restaurants, stores and professionals that cater to that community. You'd be able to get and leave reviews, get directions and even get notified of your favorite's current specials in push notification and/or emails received. There will also be a news section, supplied by feeds as well as by App owners, along with special events, classified, discussion boards, a dating section and more. The featured businesses will help us provide the free services by donating to the App for special placements and being featured. There will also be special buy-in options available for users to get (for example) dating site access and points they can use in other services and give-aways.
Ideal candidate will be able to send us some feedback on what we are proposing, suggest pitfalls and improvements we can make to make this a better App. Our business plan speculates a full time developer/designer to be hired in 6-8 months to handle the different versions of the App in use in different markets.
We are expecting submission by applicants of similar projects, with detailed explanation of the process involved, their level of participation (in group projects), issues found and resolved, how that experience will translate to ours and why they are best qualified to handle our needs.
On UI and graphics, we are open to use of templates, as long as they are legally owned and you are authorized to use them in our project. The image attached, shows some of the graphic guidelines and colors we prefer to see in our App.
We also expect the selected candidate to stay with us through the submission process to overcome any issues and be paid in full once we are running without issues for a few weeks. We would also be open to negotiating an ongoing contract from there for the same person to handle future issues and as ongoing consultant and programmer.
Signing a NDA will be required before more details are offered.