You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am developing a hardware device with Bluetooth connectivity. It will be controlled by a smart phone. The app needs to be able to establish the Bluetooth connection, allow users to select from a list of sortable icons, and depending on the icon selected, transmit a string of code via bluetooth.
This functionality described is a simple iteration of the final program. If this development goes well, a much more extensive feature set and additional development funding would be possible.
Additional Project Description:
05/05/2013 at 12:14 EDT
This is a very simple app, and should be around the $300 USD price range.
05/05/2013 at 12:18 EDT
This document describes the design requirements and layout of the remote control application.
One critical design decision is that the Android just acts as a remote, communicating via bluetooth, to the Arduino. The actual pattern code is located on the Arduino. The remote code takes user inputs, translates them into coded variable stream, and transmits them. Obviously, this program also has the capability of establishing the bluetooth connection.
* When the app starts, or a connection is lost, the app needs to prompt the user to reestablish a bluetooth connection.
* Establish Bluetooth connection
* Retain user information
* Read and display hardware information
* List in a attractive and functional manner, the 250+ pre-programmed patterns.
* There should be a way to sort by features such as color and type.
* Iteration speed control (slider bar)
* Transmit the pattern number and speed when selected.
* Add selected pattern to playlist.
* List, add, and select from the available playlists.
* When a particular playlist is selected, list the patterns that have been added to the playlist.
* Adjust the duration of each pattern on the playlist.
* Play the selected playlist by transmitting the pattern details and iteration speed.
Communication protocol (Arduino code is not part of this project bid)
Since the Smart phone app is passing a series of variables via serial BT connection, the Android code needs to be able to interpret a series of numbers.
This string of numbers coming from the Android should define a start/stop, method, iteration speed, transition time, effect, and color codes. Variables can be null depending on the user mode/method being used.
The number of colors transmitted is a function of the method (BMP or custom) and could be as long as the number of LED's in the entire hoop.
Iteration Speed: 050
Transition Time: 400
Color Codes: #04B486 #088A85 #FF0080 #EFFBF2
Complete data stream:
start 215 050 400 fade #04B486 #088A85 #FF0080 #EFFBF2 stop
* Arduino method index: this lists the presets and special methods to display various patterns
* Screen layouts
05/05/2013 at 12:29 EDT
Must have experience developing iOS and Android apps. Light graphical design work will also be required.