You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am developing a small iPhone app that allows users to manage a shopping list. This is a hobby project (with a hobbyist's budget), but I am aiming for a high quality user experience and professional look and feel.
From the app's main screen I allow users to perform three core actions:
- Add a single item to their shopping list (typically a 'one off' type item)
- Open a list of recipes, from where they might add one or more recipe's ingredients
- Paste a block of text, which the app will convert into a list of items
I also provide access to two additional actions:
- Change the list's settings
- View 'more' actions (simply provides an action sheet for the user to select from less-used workflows, such as clearing or saving the list)
These actions are accessed from the app's toolbar at the bottom of the list (screen shot attached). I am looking for three icons that specifically communicate my core actions, and two generic icons for more/settings. I have provided more direction on the nature of these icons below.
This icon allows the user to select from a list of their previously saved recipes, and add the recipe's ingredients on to the current shopping list. The screen that it launched is also the place to manage existing recipes, so it is a 'Recipes' action rather than a purely 'Add Recipes' action. The icon could represent a single recipe (e.g. a cook book/recipe card), the collection of recipes (e.g. a shelf of cook books), or something more generic (e.g. a frying pan, chef's hat, etc).
'Add Item' icon
This icon will launch a simple form for quickly collecting a single item's details. It will most often be used to add one-off items to a list that aren't ingredients in a recipe (e.g. Bread, Milk, Toilet Paper). This is most definitely an 'add' operation, so a small plus icon overlay could be appropriate.
I would be happy with any of the standard metaphors for pasting - a paintbrush, etc. But also, an icon that communicates the 'magic' of adding an entire list in one quick touch might work - perhaps a magic wand or similar.
A generic cog would suffice, but other ideas are appreciated.
Elipses (...) would suffice, but other ideas are appreciated.
- The icons will be incorporated as approximately 24x24 pixel images, so should be simple and clean. The standard iPhone toolbar icons, for example, do not generally include any shading or much detail.
- I will probably include text labels beneath each core action unless there is some visual metaphor so good that labeling is not required.
- I would like vector files so I can re-size each icon, but the icons should be optimized for display at the 20-30 pixel range.
- It would also be useful to have some experience designing these icons before, since I believe the toolbar icons on iOS rely exclusively on the alpha setting to render the image. If you know anything about this it is a bonus. If not, we'll work it out.
- This is my first time trying to commission something like this, so a helpful and friendly individual would be a good fit. For my part, I will respond to questions promptly and do all I can to help.