Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Genius Circuit is looking for experienced, diverse, flexible and very talented children's book illustrators. You should be very skilled with coloring, textures, shadowing, lighting, and using diverse styles to communicate stories. We are looking for beautiful art and we have a fun, positive environment that fosters and encourages our artists.
Submissions: please provide us samples from your portfolio or provide us to a link to your portfolio, or your submission will not be reviewed, no exceptions. Please READ below:
We are looking for artists who can think outside the box, can really push their art and most importantly can provide excellent direction (i.e. be an art director) for the art. You must be imaginative, be highly creative, a perfectionist, and be extremely passionate about what you do. We have several projects and we are only looking for professionals who can stick to a schedule and to deadlines.
The style must be very similar to one of the below links, and you must be able to do so effectively.
Note: you may also submit your own style - and we encourage it. However, the below illustrations are provided to give you a gauge of our tastes and preferences.
- Docompo Style: http://www.mbartists.com/cgi-bin/iowa/artists.html?portfolio=72
- McBill: http://www.mcbill.plus.com/
- Lozano Style: http://www.amblagar.com/illu_fairyland.html
- Burton Style: http://www.senyphine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54%3Aart-digital&catid=35%3Aportfolios&Itemid=55&lang=en
- Sketch and create 4 main characters, and other characters.
- Create 32 high quality illustrations in 2D
- Illustration Size: 4096x3072 pixels (interior pages) OR 4096x4096 pixels (cover/back pages)
- Quality: 300 PPI or higher.
- Format: delivered in named .PSD file layers. Each object and character must be created in separate layers and drawn fully. They also need to be 'cut' for animation, meaning arms, legs, eyes, mouth, and torso will be drawn separate layers. We will provide guidance for this area.
- Usage: The illustrations will be used for both print and interactive (mobile) books.
- Copyright: we retain all rights, no exceptions.