You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
To lay out, in InDesign, a 300-page book on Railways.
The work will take up most of a 11-week period throughout April and June, representing a significant time investment (>200 hours) on the part of the freelancer.
Book will have a similar level of detail/content to "Britain's Scenic Railways" (see Amazon for samples: www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0007478798 )
- Flow in text and style according to pre-set style sheets
- Select photos from an image bank and arrange (with the text) coherently and attractively in the layout, paying close attention to document styles and positioning but ensuring variety between pages.
- Add mapping files to the layout, and any other elements requested by the Project Leader
- Send PDFs (in small batches) to the author for approval of layout, subsequently reorganising the pages if required.
- References/portfolio of previous work required
- First language must be English.
- Good internet connection essential.
- Experience of page design in InDesign essential.
- CS5 or above preferred (please state which version you have).
- An interest/knowledge of railways an advantage, but not essential.
- Must be comfortable and confident in communicating directly with the Author, and liaising with the Project Leader.
- Must be able to start by 8th April, and be available until 21st June.
A shortlist of candidates will be asked to create a sample spread based on materials supplied.