1. You will work on my computer using Netbeans and Teamviewer or any other such application that you feel comfortable with. You will run the VidShot Capturer that makes video of the activities going on the screen and make a silent movie of how you do the whole process. You will ensure that you do not close the VidShot Capturer application accidentally. Not succeeding in delivering a silent movie of the process will be considered as half project. You can divide the process in to making many small movies if you have to take a break and do it in different sessions.
2. You will convert a desktop application that has approximately 12 files only in source code
3. You will use MySql and Apache server and make sure that can be installed on http://www.mochahost.com/index.php as a web application.
4. You will ensure that you do not decrease the performance but if you can enhance the performance, you will first discuss it with the owner and prove your point.
5. You will prove by testing that the j2ee version gives the same or better results as the desktop application is giving.
6. The application will be password protected which means you need to make the homepage as a simple log in page but you should have two users. One should be a guest user who can just use the application. The other user should be an admin that can make changes in the database as well as in all the application.
7. You will provide an interface page to add or delete from the database.
You will decide how many pages are enough to make it the smallest application but at the minimum it should have:
(a). A log in page
(b). A page where the user will enter some data in just one single text box or/and a browse button to take a file from the desktop.
(c). A result page that will show result to the user based on the data entered in the step above.
(d). A page to explain the results shown at step (c).
(e). A page for the admin to make changes to the database or/and application.
You will do only those things that are important for the functionality of the web application. You will try to keep the code simple, documented as the video will be used for educational purpose. Therefore, extra cosmatic coding is to be strictly avoided. There is no need to make the presentation attractive. It should be usable only.