Need some work done? Post a Project Today
The website will be similar to the following website, although some differences may exist:
after selecting a car and its competitors, the results should look like the page below:
Empty spaces will be left at the top, on the right and at the bottom to add sponsors' banners.
Some data in this page are not required. Other data would need to be added.
The results will display the data of the database. The database will be built this way:
- Start with the list of cars in List.csv
- For each car, research the price of the trim levels for that car and the other details requested in Sample.csv. Sample.csv contains some data to start with. You would need to complete it using List.csv and information found on the car makers websites and other websites. Here are some examples:
For the equipments, the following notations will be used:
Standard: S (green), Optional: O (yellow), Not Available: - (Red)
NHTSA Overall Rating (number of stars):
Click on "2011 Newer" (do Not use 1990-2010)
IIHS Top Safety Pick:
Yes (green), No (red)
Information that will help you:
- The warranty is usually the same between different models and trims of the same car maker. For example, all Toyotas have the same warranty.
- Crash tests results are usually the same accross all trim levels for the same model. For example, all Toyota Yaris have the same NHTSA and IIHS ratings.
- There will be a lot of data to collect. There are around 270 cars. Each car has many trim levels.
If you cannot find information about a car, you can skip it. However, more than 80% of the cars in "List.csv" database would need to be covered in this project.
- Most of the cars with a price above $20,000 will have Standard Air conditioning, Power windows and Power door locks.
- To determine the price, you can use the "Build" feature on the car maker websites and use the zip code 90008.
Either all car prices should include Delivery charges or none of them should include Delivery charges. You can choose the method that you prefer, but do not mix prices including Delivery charges and prices excluding Delivery charges.
This project is expected to be completed by the end of this year. One or two extra months can be given.
Updates will be provided at least every 2 weeks to demonstrate progress and good understanding of the requirements.
Once agreed, the budget allocated for this project is not negotiable. A bonus will be given if the project looks good and is completed before the end of this year.
If you have any question, feel free to contact me.